Steel structures need to be stripped and repainted regularly to prevent corrosion.
Stripping is a difficult operation which presents a problem for operators.
Any solution allowing automation of this process is therefore beneficial.
In addition, concerning steel parts of large dimensions we also encounter the following problems:
– Accessibility: Work in confined spaces in penstocks, work at height on penstocks exteriors areas which are difficult to reach.
– Containment: The presence of asbestos or lead in old coatings requires total containment of the area to be treated.
- Removal of scaffolding and containment.
- Improvement of working conditions (elimination of hazards interventions to people and exposure to harmful substances).
- Reduction of environmental impact (amount of waste and discharges).
- Improvement of the quality of the work (perfect repeatability and control of the application).
- Improved productivity and yields (reduced lead times).